PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is the preeminent professional designation for individuals associated with project management.
Since 1984, PMI has been dedicated to developing and maintaining a rigorous, examination-based, professional certification program to advance the project management profession and to recognize the achievements of individuals. Attaining the PMP designation is a testimony to the skills, knowledge, and ability of the person to manage and lead successful projects.
In order to earn the PMP certificate from PMI, each contestant must express an acceptable and appropriate level of understanding and knowledge capability in all subject areas tested on a PMI certificate examination. There are three main criteria:
- Educational Background
- Project Management Experience
- Project Management Education
The below table shows the requirements according to the level of education the candidate has.
|Educational background||Project management experience||Project management education|
|Bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent.||Minimum 36 months of professional project management experience.||35 contact hours of formal education <courses or programs by training companies or consultants >|
|High School diploma, Associates degree or the global equivalent.||Minimum 60 months of professional project management experience.
|35 contact hours of formal education <courses or programs by training companies or consultants >|
2 How this Course will help Your Value Grow!
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of activities in order to meet the requirements of a particular project. Businesses and governments around the world are beginning to recognize the importance of proper project management techniques and practices, and how applying those techniques help them realize better efficiency, less cost, and better ROI.
2.1What you will learn
These courses are designed towards professionals and individuals pursuing their certification in Project Management to:
- Perform duties under general supervision and responsible for all aspect of the project for the life of the project.
- Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and scope.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined projects requirements and deliverables.
- Project Managers wishing to sit for the PMP exam,
- Professional wishing to become Project Managers,
- Managers of Project Managers,
- Professionals with minimum 3 years of experience in project related activities,
2.2Who Should Attend?
- Professionals wishing to prepare for their PMP exam,
- Trainees who have completed their training requirements to sit for their PMP exam,
Trainees who have sufficient knowledge of the PMBOK.